On Monday, June 24, 2019 from 6-9pm, join hostess Carrie Koziol and special guest Kim T. Cook for a night of fun and education for moms & daughters!
About the Class
As a Women’s Health Physical Therapist, Carrie has teamed up with a period coach in Atlanta and a Certified Health Education Specialist right here in St Charles to design a night packed with need-to-know information such as:
- the anatomy of the vulva,
- how a healthy vagina should look and smell, and
- normal bladder and bowel habits.
The American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology just released a position statement that the period should be viewed as the 5th vital sign, so learn about:
- how using period apps can help give your little woman a monthly progress report,
- the nutrition she needs to support healthy cycles,
- along with common period problems and their remedies.
In the final hour the girls and Carrie will branch off to work their way through some period stations while the moms will be whisked into a separate room (with wine and appetizers!) to hear from Kim Cook, the author of the Mom’s Choice Award-winning book Teen World Confidential: Five Minute Topics to Open Conversation about Sex and Relationships. She will discuss:
- Common roadblocks to starting conversations
- Conversation starters to ease you into the conversations
- What to talk about and when as you navigate “the talk”
We’ll end the night with a special ceremony to help the girls get excited about menstruation!
Plus, we’ll have a bonus lesson on proper bra-fitting from our friends at Bare Moxie in Geneva!